[IP] Re:Angiogram

In a message dated 12/30/01 8:41:09 PM, <email @ redacted> writes:

<< I am scheduled for an angiogram on January 9 and was wondering if anyone
had this experience and how did you handle it with the pump? >>

Are you talking about a coronary angiogram? I had a cardiac catheterization
last year, and wore the pump with no problem.  You would want to keep it away
from the machines, though -- I wore mine down at the ankle in a leg pouch.
My blood glucose level did go up, not surprisingly because my doctor did not
want me to bolus for the dextrose in the IV drip -- I didn't object because I
really didn't know what all the valium was going to do to my regular morning
increased insulin need (it actually might have decreased it a little -- how
'bout that for a diabetes treatment? <gr.>)  Wasn't long enough to be much of
a problem, was able to correct it quickly.

Feel free to e-mail me privately if you want to talk about it further.

Linda Z