RE: [IP] I have a cold and can't get rid of it.

I have a child who has a VSD (ventricular septal defect-hole between the
bottom chambers of her heart) as a result of my diabetes even though I
was in good control when I got pregnant.(Her twin sister does not have
this problem.)
It was so small it wasn't diagnosed until she was 3 yrs.  This was lucky
for it to be so small.  Large ones require open heart surgery.  The only
two risk factors for this are maternal diabetes and family history.  We
have no history.  Also, in another preg., my AFP at 16-18 weeks came
back high.  This tests for neural tube defects.  I had a 2 hr.
ultrasound.  Everything was fine (thank goodness).  It's just so imp. to
take care of yourself!