Re: Re:[IP] news worth sharing; Novolog approval for pumps

Jan <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Note, it said ""insulin analog." Nordisk's Velosulin is also the only
> approved insulin for use in pumps. People still use(d) Lilly Regular and I
> don't know why Nordisk can get approval and not Lilly (for R or Humalog).
> But as it has been stated on this list many times, what the physician Rx's
> for use is what is supposed to be honored. (~_^)

Perhaps it bears repeating that approval by the FDA has nothing to do with
how physicians prescribe and/or patients use a drug.  Approval has to do
with how a drug or device may be marketed and sold.  Up to now, the only
insulin approved by the FDA for use in insulin pumps is Velosulin by Novo.
I believe most people have been using Humalog in their pumps ever since it
came on the market.

Jim Handsfield