[IP] Hi Guys!

Okay, I've been 'observing' for a couple of weeks (don't want to sound dumb
or anything).  Thanks to everyone for your responses to my initial query.  I
was so surprised to at the number of 'Hi's and 'Welcome to the group' I
received.  As you have probably guessed, I am the world's worst
correspondent.  So I hope you'll forgive me.  I think all the responses, but
I haven't figured out how to 'HotSynch' my brain to the keyboard yet!

On the subject of which pump to get:  I've dealt with 5 different
companies...I've lasted longer than some of them  Mill Hill, Autosyringe,
Lilly and Minimed.  Since 12/13/01 I've been on the Animus R1000 - I love it!
 What makes them different is the support that you receive from them.  After
almost 30 years as a diabetic, 21 of pumping I am now getting CLOSE contact
from the CDE to help straighten things out!  I am an RN and I think many
times clinicians assume too much and may omit some info that might be
helpful.  Bottom line is all the pumps do the same thing - most companies
respond quickly in emergencies, with replacements etc - your doc's
relationship with the rep is important - pump quality is similar from
everyone (occasionally you will get a goofy infusion set but they've all been
receptive to returns and exchanges).  I guess what I mean is you have to find
the right fit for you and that has as much to do with your faith in your doc
and the relationship with the company as it does with the mechanics of the

I've tried straight needles, bent needles, sofsets, and now comfort
sets....they all work, some are more comfortable than others.  I've never
used an insertion device or ?Silhouettes?, but only because no one ever
offered me any.

The one thing that drives me nuts about the pumper digest is having so much
of the letter repeated - I don't know why that happens, so I'm trying to just
'Write Mail' instead of reply or forward...we'll see if it works!

I guess I should write more frequently instead so much at once - SORRY.  And
THANKS AGAIN for all your welcomes.  I really enjoy vicariously sharing your