RE: [IP] news worth sharing; Novolog approval for pumps

The fact that Novolog is now FDA approved for use in pumps should not be
an issue if people decide to use other insulins / analogs.

Many don't remember that prior to Novolog's approval, Velosulin (also a
Novo product) was the only FDA "approved" pump insulin. This did not
stop docs from prescribing Regular (Humulin) or Lispro (Humalog) in
place of the "official pump insulin". Insurance providers paid for these
in the overwhelming majority of cases.

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted