Re: [IP] re: pump for a small child

My son is 6, and started pumping this past June.  Initially, we used EMLA, but that
lasted for maybe a week or two.  At that time, I asked Nicholas if he wanted to try it
without the EMLA, that it will probably sting a little bit, maybe a little bit more
than an injection would, but that before he knew it, he would not feel the pain
anymore.  Like a little trooper, he said "Let's do it!", and we did, and we haven't
looked back.

We do the sight changes whenever necessary, including while Nicholas sleeps.  He does
not even flinch (usually).

In support of EMLA, when we did use it, Nicholas usually asked about a minute after the
site was in "Are you done yet?", so it definitely works (at least for us).

Regards to all,

Mike O