Re: [IP] re: pump for a small child

In a message dated 12/28/01 10:46:17 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> <<Sybil Fisher wrote:
> Does anyone do insertions while the child is asleep?  Do any of you use Emla
> cream to deaden the insertion site?  Does that work well?>>

We have just started the pump but we use Emla...mainly because she wants to
(I have told her that there may be times when we can't but why put her in
pain if I don't have to)..yesterday it had already worn off na dhse felt it
but didn't even flinch......we use the Comfort sets......
Beverly, Mom to Mary, 8, dx'd 9/97, and Nick, who is now nine!