Re: [IP] Questions about 3 yr. old getting a pump

Madison takes 4 units of Lantus and about 4-5
>>units of
>>Humalog per day.  That is not much when you divide it in half and divide
>>by 24
>>hours.  What if .1 basal is too much at some times of day?

Sybil, I've read in some postings a while back that you can program 0.0 in
as a basal rate (think it's for a MM508 and you have to hit the arrow up
keys for programming a basal and go back down to zero - it won't take 0.0
right from the start if I'm not mistaken).  You might want to go back and
check the database for the thread on that.

I think that Madison will feel better on the pump and have less "accidents"
due to high bg's.  ALSO, her big brother has one and she has someone to look
up to with the pump and to talk to about it.  Your children sound like
amazing kids!

Jenie Harrison, mother of 2 kids (Paige 6 1/2, Brennan 10 mos.)
dx'd 7/93, pumping 8/99 MM 507C