re: [IP] Re: Humalog being refused by insurance??

I have heard of a insurance company doing a deal with Medicare or Blue Cross where they would only cover one type of insulin for Insulin Pumpers.

A "formulary" list of drugs that will be covered under a particular insurance plan is growing more common. What you may find is that if you use their "preferred" drug you get it at one rate - if you use something else then you pay a higher rate - that is how my current plan works.

It is the same with preferred providers for docs - some docs are on your plan and others are not. It's a pain and in areas where there is not much choice it can become a major problem - as has been discussed here often.

I don't know what the anwsers are but having your doc go to bat for you is probably the first step - just as when many try to first get a pump and have to fight for it.

Linda & Dax