Re: [IP] Hypoglycemia unaware and pump

From: email @ redacted

To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Hypoglycemia unaware and pump
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:03:53 EST

Dear friends,
If anyone is willing to share their story of low blood sugar unawareness,
please email me directly at email @ redacted
This information will be in an upcoming article, but you will remain
anonymous. Send replies before Dec. 31.

Consider the following:
Was this problem one of the reasons for going on pump therapy?  Yes

Are you willing to give me an example of one incident of low BG where you
had a problem because of a lack or warning symptoms?    I fell while walking
on a treadmill, as it continued running, badly scrapping my knees and elbows
as I lay there, not knowing what to do. Have passed out completly I think
2x's since pump. Before, it was often.

After starting pump therapy were your BG targets raised to help avoid these
episodes?   Actully, I never really had any targets before, I just watched
what I ate. Believe it or not, I didn't have a correction scale either - I
guessed. Not good!

What was the target range?  None

Assuming a return of warning signs and symptoms, how long did it take for
you to notice a return of warning symptoms?   Can't remember, but I could
not tell the difference between being high and low after going on pump.
Before, going high never seemed to bother me. Now it still does after 1 3/4
yrs on pump.