[IP] Re: Humalog being refused by insurance??

Hello, all -

Went to pick up my Humalog refill yesterday at the pharmacy only to be
served with a bottle of Novolog.  When I explained to the ditz (sorry) that
that was incorrect and that I use Humalog, a flurry of activity ensued with
the pharmacist.  When she finally presented me with the Humalog she said
the problem had been that my insurance company wants me to use Novolog
instead!! What the he** is going on?  I guess I will call my doctor today
to verify, but I can't imagine he would have approved that subsitution.
I've only been on the pump (with Humalog) for 6 months.  Yecchhhhhh!

Has anyone else experienced their insurance company's attempting to switch
insulins?? I'm steamed!!

Thanks much,