Re: [IP] Physical Intimacy, D, and Pumping

--- "jspock @shore.net" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm feeling like a miserable failure today.
I know the feeling...Diabetes gets in my head and
convinces my body that sex is the wrong thing. It
takes me quite awhile to unwind and get in the mood.
Even though my boyfriend tells me otherwise, I feel
"broken" sometimes.
> Does anyone disconnect your pump during ... um ...
> intimate moments?

I often do disconnect to make myself feel more free.
Sometimes I stay connected and then I don't worry
about unexpected highs later. It's a weird trade-off
and I don't know how to relax either way.
> I have eaten something before-hand

I try to find a way to test my BG beforehand just to
feel a little better that I won't go low.

It's a really tough thing to deal with, because when
your BG is high or low certain things are amiss that
might make it difficult to relax. I've wanted to bring
up these issues on IP before but I  didn't want to
upset anyone. It is a HUGE issue in my life, but I
have a wonderful and supportive boyfriend who
constantly reassures me that I'm fine the way I am. I
still manage to work myself up about it though : )

Do You Yahoo!?