Re: [IP] Re: Diabetes auto-immune disease

 message dated 12/25/01 9:29:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Did everyone on this list who has type 1 diabetes first get a
> flu like virus?

I contracted viral hepatitis as a child (from an aunt)....that was in
February of 1977.  Then in July of that same year I was diagnosed IDDM.  We
were told by the docs that it was probably brought on by the previous viral
illness.  No other Type 1's in my immediate or extended family, but plenty of
Type 2's.