[IP] Re: Diabetes auto-immune disease

In a message dated 12/25/01 9:29:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Did everyone on this list who has type 1 diabetes first get a
> flu like virus?

My mom had German Measles when I was born.  I was born at Midnight and the
next morning she broke out in them.  I have been told that is where mine
comes from.  But my brother....He developed his when he was a teenager.  He
also had a kidney/pancreas transplant 9 1/2 years ago.  I guess the pancreas
transplants RARELY last that long.  Then his daughter developed the disease
when she was 20 months old.  I don't remember if she had the flu or not....
type 1 3/93
pump 3/98