Re: [IP] Re-Diabetes auto-immune disease

I did not become diabetic until I had the flu, which lasted for 3 months the
year I got it. After the doctor finally managed to get me through that nasty
season of the flu we discovered that the virus had shut my pancreas down. I
was immediately a type one at the age of 45. I was also in kA after 3 days.
So the flu virus played a major part in my being a type one.  There was
diabetes in my family on both my mothers and fathers side so there was also a
predisposition in my genes. Since everyone else has always been type two and
I am the only type one it is assumed by my endo that at some point later in
life I might have become diabetic but not a type one, probably only a type

Whitney and "TheBorg"