[IP] Re: diabetes auto-immune disease

In a message dated 12/25/2001 9:29:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Who cares how any one got the darn stuff lets all think on how we can kick
> it's a**
> merry x mas

Actually Steve was not trying to bring you down.  A friend of mine is writing
the script for a tv series.  One of the characters is a 15 year old girl who
becomes diabetic.  My friend wanted to know more about diabetes being an
auto-immune disease so she can get it exactly right.  She wants to write it
into the story.  I told her I would ask here because You are all diabetes
experts:-)  I knew I would get alot of answers on this.  Thank you
everyone!!!  If anyone knows of a good article online about diabetes being an
auto-immune disease I would appreciate the link.
Merry Christmas!!!!
 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping