[IP] Weight loss and Type 1

Dear members I am a 31 year old type one and I have been on the pump for almost a year and a half and instead of losing weight I have gained - I exercise, eat well ( very little fat), and have always been extordinarily careful about weight - problem is I can't seen to loose unless I severely restrict - does anyone have any suggestions as to ways to accomplish real wieght loss as a diabetic while remaining in good control? I have heard of diets which restrict all carbs ( a la Dr. Bernstein's book ) and yet my endo thinks thesse can be dangerous because of kindney issues... sasha

Alexandra Kelly
230 Riverside Drive
Apartment 12B
New York, NY 10025