[IP] Plate too full

" We let her guide us on how much she wants us to do (keeping her log
book, doing night time checks,  counsulting on troubleshooting, and
figuring out when to adjust basals are the main things at this
point).  Different levels of responsibility work for different kids, and
at diffferent ages, but I feel better knowing that she *can* take care of
things if she has to . . ." My 13yr old, Jake, is the same way.
Essentially, he can take complete care of his diabetes/pump duties, he
has done this since the first fingerstick and injection.  He reads boxes,
carb counts, etc... but being 13, he is still a kid, and we want him to
have "kid" time.  The kids of today, especially those with health needs,
are forced to grow up way beyond their years, way too fast.  So we too,
pick up the slack when Jake's plate is "too full".   --- Judith Brooks---
email @ redacted EarthLink: The #1 provider of the Real