  From: email @ redacted
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 9:47 AM
  Subject: [IP] Diabetes auto-immune disease

  Hi everyone,
    I have a question for you.  My daughter Ashley became diabetic when she
was
  5.  First she got a flu virus that attacked her betta cells.  I have read
  many articles where experts say that Diabetes type 1 is an auto-immune
  disease.  What I am wondering is if this happens every time with someone who
  gets type 1.  Did everyone on this list who has type 1 diabetes first get a
  flu like virus?  You can email me privately if you don't want to jam up the
  list with your replies.
  Thanx
  Hugs
   Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping
  9-24-01)