[IP] Diabetes auto-immune disease

Hi everyone,
  I have a question for you.  My daughter Ashley became diabetic when she was
5.  First she got a flu virus that attacked her betta cells.  I have read
many articles where experts say that Diabetes type 1 is an auto-immune
disease.  What I am wondering is if this happens every time with someone who
gets type 1.  Did everyone on this list who has type 1 diabetes first get a
flu like virus?  You can email me privately if you don't want to jam up the
list with your replies.
 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping