[IP] Re: Life since the pump

Hi All and Happy Holidays,

I would have never believed that I would have been able to go to bed at night
at not worry about my son's diabetes.  Of course there is always that "pit of
your stomach" worry but not the day to day stuff that we experienced in the
beginning.  My 14 year old son was dx'd at 11 and began the pump at 12.  I am
amazed at his maturity and skill. He just does it with ease.  He started High
School this year-not many people know he has diabetes (he just moved from
public school to a Catholic High School) I am amazed at the difference.  He
was able to be one of the kids, not the kid with diabetes.  I know other
parents out there feel the same. I can't imagine doing what he does when I
was 14.  We will hit the 3 year milestone on the pump in January.  It has to
be the best thing we've done since this disease hit our family. I will say a
special prayer tonight at Christmas Eve Mass.  Please keep us all healthy,
safe, and please let there be a cure soon.  Take care.