Re: [IP] Convince me everyone and Help me decide

This is RoseLea's top-10 list of good things about the pump (which I

1. I can sleep until noon on the weekends w/o doing anything special & when
I wake up I'm 115.
2. I can skip a meal, eat later, eat earlier, or eat sporadically all the
live-long-day & just change my boluses.
3. I can give an exact amount of insulin (tenths of units aren't available
with shots).
4. I can decide to exercise at the spur of the moment & just change my basal
rate w/o having a severe hypo.
5. I can decide what I'm going to eat when I see it instead of trying to
predict what I'm going to feel like eating 4 hours from now.
6. I don't have ANY night hypo's anymore. (I used to pop out of bed 4-5
times per week).
7. I don't have daily hypo's anymore & I don't have to stay over 150 in
order to do it.
8. I don't get headaches all the time from the roller coaster of going from
387 to 43 in one afternoon.
9. No brainer: no more shots.
10. I feel good/optimistic about tight control for the first time EVER.

I'll just pretty much say Ditto to all the above as well as this is freedom
with a tether/leash. (~_^)

Jan (62 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM 507C 3/99)

Blessed is the man who has nothing to say - and doesn't say it.