[IP] Personal Favorites

On the lines of having the pump because you have diabetes bad....

I loved it when people say "well I only have to take two shots" or
the amount of insulin the require.

I was at the fertility clinic (yes we are still trying) and the nurses
asked if I would feel comfortable talking to a diabetic about the
pump. She's had several miscarriages and the doctors think that
it's because her blood sugars aren't controlled.

I did talk with her. She's had diabetes since she was 14 and didn't
know what type she had, what her Ha1c was and said that she had
taken the same amount of insulin since she was 17(about 15
years). She has never seen an Endo. She said she didn't think she
had diabetes that bad.

All I could do was tell her what I do and the nurse was there and
told her that her Ha1c was 13.4. The nurse told her that having
miscarriages was going to still happen unless she got her diabetes
under control. I gave her my primary and endo's name and number,
and my email address. She's an intelligent woman but just needs
to be educated about her diabetes. She said her family just ingored
it as she was growing up.

Gail J Donohue