RE: [IP] Other's ed was WOW !!

I had an interesting experience the other day.  The internal med. dr. I
was seeing put me on Avandia, Glucophage, etc. even though I am Type I.
He thought it would make my injections work better.  He is a good dr.
(just not an endocrinologist).  He sent me to a friend of his from
school and knew this guy would put me on a pump (which he did).  Anyway,
I went to see the internal med dr. for bronchitis about  a week and a
half after starting to pump.  He wanted to see my infusion set and site!
He had never seen the set up before!  I was shocked at how little
exposure drs. have to this therapy.  I appreciate the fact that he was
willing to admit that he could not treat me properly, and referred me to
an endo.  (I had seen an endo.  for many yrs. and stopped seeing him
when I decided to "ignore" my D for 2-3 yrs.)  Obviously, I am not
ignoring it anymore.  Chalk it up to a "midlife crisis".  I decided to
get my act together.  Anyway, I was amazed that he had not ever seen a
pump before.