[IP] Other's ed was WOW !!

> many people I talk to are just shocked that I have to take a shot for
> everything I eat (with MDI), and the amount of times I test a day, they had no
> idea that being a diabetic was so "involved", they
> figure it's just a couple shots and you don't think about it much, but
> that's as far from the truth as it could be..

That is the problem, many in med community think that.  They do not know
different!  Mention "tight control" &/or a patient actively managing their care
(with help of med team), it is unheard of.
IMO, there has to be (is) a transition time for the newer insulins, pumps being
more in forefront, MDI with fast acting insulins which not every one can do,
DM is not so hush-hush to us, but it is to many, it still is.  Linda