In a message dated 12/22/01 1:07:28 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I received a letter from Minimed today and it said that they will contact
sometime after APRIL 2002 to set up a training session in my area.  It says
that it will be a group trainig session and that it is FREE!!!!!

I am excited about this!!!!  Not exactly how this new pump will differ from
my 508 but I am willing to give it a try,  The letter says that if I decide
that I do not want to trade for the new pump that I do not have to, but this
will be the only opportunity to do so. >>

This is exciting for you. I think you have to fill out a form before the end
of the year in order to apply for an upgrade to the Paradigm. Check with your
rep, though. The differences have been posted on this list before and there
was a chat a while back with MiniMed reps. Basically, the Paradigm is
waterproof, 28 percent smaller, has a smaller reservoir (holds 180 units I
believe) and has an easier menu screen.
I'm anxious to see how the Paradigm performs. Sounds like a great thing. I
wanted to wait and see the reviews in the market before getting one. I
decided to go with an Animas that I'll be hooked up to 1/8/01!
Good luck with your decision.
dxed IDDM 9/92, getting pumped 1/8/02!