Cherry and Jubilee
  From: email @ redacted
  To: email @ redacted
  Someone who has been on a pump for 4 years should know to ALWAYS carry
  glucose tabs.   Extra walking will do that. Please take care of yourself.
  Linda & Dax

I fully expected to get flamed for that reply - but I stand by it. People who
are just going on the pump all too often have the mistaken idea that they
won't have highs and lows anymore - even after reading posts talking about
such things. A BIG danger for pump wearers is becoming complacent about our

There are alternatives to glucose tabs which are more easily accessed - ie
sweet tarts, life savers, soda - glucose tabs are the preferred choice due to
immediate absorbtion and controlled dosage - but easier to get alternatives
are available.  Also glucose tabs can be ordered by mail.

While we are here to cheer eachothers successes to comfort in time of trouble
and to exchange information - we also should be here to be honest with
eachother and for eachother.

Linda & Dax