Re: [IP] Sugar diabetes

In a message dated 12/22/01 9:18:11 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Having a "touch of the sugars" and "sugar diabetes" are fairly common
> Southern euphemisms.  This is the same part of the country that still refers
> to the Civil War as the War Between the States, The Past Unpleasantness, or
> (my favorite) The Acts of Northern Aggression.
> Jim Handsfield
> email @ redacted

excuse me? we don't refer to it that way except War Between the States, which
it was......as I referred to in another post, Sugar Diabetes si what it was
called when my brother was diagnosed in 1955.....btw, I am in Texas
Beverly, Mom to Mary, 8, dx'd 9/97, and Nick, who is now nine!