Re: [IP] Getting the word out (was: Thought I heard it all)

In a message dated 12/21/01 11:06:10 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  "Be Loud, be Proud, be Bumpy!"   No need to "hide" the pump.  Tell others
> about your life.  Pin them down and indoctrinate them. ACT UP!!!   That is
> what got
> AIDs the attention and funding for research.  Live your life in the open,
> and write, write, write that Congress-person.  Tell them your story.  Give
> a face, a story and a life to
> Diabetes.
> George      :>)

which is what I have done at my daughter's school (and district)......we are
seeing some change in attitude.....the new nurse is loving us as she has
always felt this way..that all diabetics are different.....no, I'm not very
popular at the moment......
Beverly, Mom to Mary, 8, dx'd 9/97, and Nick, who is now nine!