Re: [IP] Personal favorites

In a message dated 12/21/01 2:06:44 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< My personal favorite is: Oh, my aunt had diabetes, she had both legs cut

but she's dead now. >>

That seemed to be the "personal favorite" of everyone that my mother told
about my diagnosis nine years ago. I always wonder if people who have cancer
get reactions like, "Oh yeah, my aunt died of breast cancer." I wouldn't
dream of saying something like that. But that's essentially the same kind of
thing. And what's the point anyway? I don't understand the benefit these
people are getting out of saying such insensitive things.