[IP] Ultra strips packed upside down?

I thought my first set of One-Touch Ultra strips had just been packaged wrong, but my new box is that way, too. The end of the strip near the lid, which you would normally hold on to to take the strip out of the bottle, is the lined end that goes in the meter.  I find this awkward,though the service number person assured me it was not a problem to touch that area with this strip -- is this the way they all are? The fastake strips I have used were never this way.

Linda Z