re: [IP] Thought I heard it all

<<email @ redacted
 I thought I had heard all the stupid things that people say to us, ...The
manager of the store .... was telling another person that it was ashamed
that I did not care enough about my daughter or myself to do the right thing.
SO to make a long story short. I think I made a point of telling the whole
store that this person did not know his A** from a hole in the ground. My other
half left the close to $200.00 worth of things we were in line to pay for there
and we left.
 So I have to go shopping again but not at that store for the last of the
Christmas list.>>

I think you did the right thing.  People without diabetes are very ignorant
of any of the types but that sure doesn't give anyone the right to make
judgments against people who battle DM every day.  My dad has had Type 2 for 15
years, and it's only been in the past 2 years since my son has had Type 1 that
I've become all too painfully aware of what does and doesn't count in managing
these diseases.  I was never judgmental though about what he did.
Discrimination in any form shouldn't be tolerated - if the manager
had made a comment about your skin color, you would have walked out.  Similarly
he has no business making judgments about your personal care, especially
when he's obviously an ignorant buffoon.  Don't give that store any of
your hard-earned money.   And write to the corporate office - they'll
do something to appease you as well.  And maybe they'll actually do
something about discrimination in their employees.

Thanks for speaking up for everyone on the list!
Best regards,
Shelly V, Austin, TX, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01

Do You Yahoo!?
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com