[IP] Getting the word out (was: Thought I heard it all)

>>  I thought I had heard all the stupid things that people say to us, But
>>tonight we went shopping and I had a nasty-nasty low in the store.

I hate stuff like this, happens all the time to me.  Another thing that I
hear a lot of (that annoys the heck out of me) is that everyone I meet tells
me they know someone who has D ... but they're in perfect control, and
things are so easy.  Now, to me, that's saying "you're doing something
wrong" which irritates me, to no end.

Is there anything we can do to get the word out about D, and that we are all
different?  Writing to papers and tv shows is a good start.  I think what we
need are some big names on our side.  Mary Tyler Moore has done some great
things, but one person is just not enough.  Anyone else have any

My thought (and this may sound crazy, but bear with me) is to get Star Trek
fans involved.  One of the actors from Star Trek had Type One diabetes his
entire life.  ST fans are also known for being rather vocal about their
causes.  Combine the two things together and we could have a *very large*
international network getting the word out.  (And at the same time, we can
work on Josh's soda machine law.  I love that one!!!)

Any other thoughts?