[IP] Re: Thought I heard it all

In August of 2000 I received my pump and supplies from
Minimed and was planning to start my pump training the
following Monday. The day my pump came in the mail I was on
my way home from work. I knew my sugar was low and was in a
hurry to get home and eat. I blacked out behind the wheel
approaching a stop sign and rear ended a lady that had a 1
1/2 year old baby in the back seat. When I came to I hadn't
even realized that I had been in a car wreck. I remember
thinking why was this lady standing next to her car talking
on a cell phone in the middle of a busy intersection? I was
so disoriented that I took off knowing I had to get some
food in my system. This man that witnessed the accident
jumps in his truck and chases me and forces me off the road,
he jumped out of his truck and ran over to my vehicle and
reached through the window and grabbed the keys and threw
them a long way away. He then drug me out of the truck and
started pushing me and saying what an _ss hole I was for
driving while intoxicated. He wanted me to retaliate so he
could thump me, but that wasn't going to happen. When the
police showed up he saw my Med. Alert necklace and called
the ambulance. When they showed up they tested my glucose
which was at 26 and injected me with glucagon. Mean while
this other jerk is still telling the cops I was drunk and
need to be arrested for that & leaving the scene of an
accident. When I got home I called the lady I had got in the
accident with & explained to her I was a diabetic that went
into insulin shock & blacked out. She was totally
understanding & apologetic about the other man that thought
he new everything. The next week I was on the pump and never
had any more problems like that.  Dave-