RE: [IP] Do you Run Windows XP?

RoseLea [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> >No updates of this type are available at this time.
> So, at this point in time, they're showing no fixes for
> Windows 98 SE on my
> system, I do have PnP enabled, but I'm not sure it's the same as what
> you're talking about.

It's not in the CRITICAL UPDATES yet.  You have to go to the Microsoft web

Here's the text:

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-059

Unchecked Buffer in Universal Plug and Play can Lead to System Compromise
Originally posted: December 20, 2001

Who should read this bulletin: Customers using MicrosoftR WindowsR ME or XP,
or who have installed the Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing client on
Windows 98 or 98SE.

Impact of vulnerability: Run code of attacker's choice.

Maximum Severity Rating: Critical

Recommendation: Microsoft strongly urges all Windows XP customers to apply
the patch immediately. Customers using Windows 98, 98SE or ME should apply
the patch if the Universal Plug and Play service is installed and running.

Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows 98SE
Microsoft Windows ME