RE: [IP] Do you Run Windows XP?

Brian Carter [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Just heard on the news tonight that a fix for the Windows XP
> system has
> just been released this fix helps stops hackers from attacking your
> computer over the net.  I would suggest that those running XP
> to download
> the fix.

Not just XP, but ME, 98, and 95 that have the UPnP enabled.

BUTTTTT . . . having just installed XPPro, I ran the patch -- and XP
wouldn't complete the start up.  I had to do a system restore in Safe Mode
to get everything back.

I've written to Microsoft asking when they're going to fix the update and
announce it.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR