RE: [IP] Thought I heard it all

I am not surprised to hear this tale, although I am sorry for you.
Diabetes is a misunderstood, very complex, complicated disease to have.
I had a dr. tell a patient that he hoped the patient didn't like too
many pies and cakes, to stay away from those things and he would be
fine.  That is scary that an MD would say something like that.
Obviously, I do not use this dr.  People think that my pump checks my
blood sugar for me.  They also think that since I am on a pump, I don't
have to check bs anymore.  Just let that thing do its job....
Also, I have had people ask me how I go to the dr. every 3 days to get
this thing changed.  It never occurs to them to do it myself.  Others
think that it's a permanent thing, never needs to be changed.  I was
equally as ignorant about this disease until I was diagnosed 15 yrs ago.
I have read everything available and still don't know all I need to

I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience, especially in
I am glad that you set the guy straight.  He will probably never
understand though.