  We did QSs on Josh for a few weeks before getting the inserter device.  I
thought we wouldn't even need the serter but it sure is handy.  Josh, age 10,
has even been able to do a few tummy sites on his own because of the serter.
But because of the wonderful design with the big blue handle you don't really
need the insertion device.  And the insertion needle is so thin and sharp
that it just goes right in.  Josh is VERY skinny still and we  hardly ever
have any trouble.  We LOVE the QSs.

Good luck!

mom to Joshua