[IP] piercing your ear

I had an extra ear piercing last year done at Claire's at the age of 48  (and after 38 years of IDDM) and it healed just fine.  I used the gentle solution they provided for the first two weeks
and added a tiny dab of neosporin to the back for the next week or so, as I was getting impatient to change earrings!  (It DID seem to heal up faster after I removed the Claire's piercing stud
and put a good gold one in, but I really wouldn't recommend what I did, simply because you're not supposed to!)  Look around at the store and ask what they are doing to keep everything
clean---the gal who was doing mine was telling me all about how her pet iguana had just died from a fungus infection---but she DID wash her hands before taking care of me, which I found