[IP] Re: Low blood sugar symptoms and temp rises

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:47:32 -0500
From: "Julie Britt" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] reaction symptoms

What causes sweating and temp rise when having an
insulin reaction?
must be a physiological reason for it... anybody know?
 Also, what
dissyness, I'm guessing lack of fuel in the cells, am
I right?  Just

Hey Julie,  The Sweating and temp rise from the
insulin reaction come from the release of adrenalin
from your adrenal glands atop the kidneys - This is a
"fight or flight" mechanism of the sympathetic nervous
system.  It tells your liver to start releasing
glucose into your blood stream becuase your blood
sugar is low.  It's complicated, but this is it in a

And you are right - the dizziness comes from "low
fuel" - your brain runs on glucose (the rest of your
body can survive on protein and fat).  When blood
sugar is low you can't think, feel panicky and
disoriented and dizzy.  The panic also comes from the
release of adrenalin like I said above.

Ok, now a question for every one:  Today my blood
sugars were in the mid 200's - took a bolus to cover -
no results - infact kept getting higher to 358 despite
several boluses.  My last cartridge change was early
Sunday morning - do you think my insulin had degraded
by today?  I did eat garbage for lunch
(cheeseburger/onion rings) - so maybe that didn't help
either.  But when I bolus for highs I would expect
them to go lower not higher!!!

Pat (pumped!!!!!)

Do You Yahoo!?
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com