RE: [IP] ear piercing and diabetes

I had my first holes pierced in 4th grade...pre-diabetes.  I had second
holes done a year after diagnosis at 20.  The second set took nearly 2
months to heal.  I cleaned them religiously--two, three,four times a day
with peroxide and antibiotic cream.  I was afraid that my ears would
literally fall off.  They were swollen and irritated and really hurt.  I
would not have them done again.  I was in good control and still they
wouldn't heal.  I would think twice before I did it as a diabetic.