[IP] ear piercing and diabetes

Liz (16 y/o pumper) decided that she wants to get a second hole pierced in
both ears. Today I went to get a gift certificate from Corey's  so that
piercing could be a Christmas gift, but I was very surprised to find out that
they won't pierce anyone who has diabetes! I don't want her to lie about
having diabetes, so that is not an option.
I was told Dr.'s don't do ear piercings anymore, and the other 2 piercing
places in my area that I'm aware of (Claire's and AfterThoughts) are pretty
yucky and I don't want them done over there. Her first piercing was done
pre-diabetes, so I'm at a loss.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Linda V