From: Kim Chaloner [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 8:55 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Lows on the pump

I am currently using saline with the Minimed 508 and I'm beginning
humulog
on Friday.
Perhaps as some strange portent I had a severe Low BG (glucagon & all)
last night.  SO,
my question for experienced pumpers is....does the pump (assuming its
used
properly)
really help reduce lows?  If you've had lows on the pump - what are the
common mistakes
to make that lead to them? (of course, I assume the obvious things go
with
out saying like
bolusing with out eating, etc.).   My problem in the past has been that
get severe lows
unexpectedly and very quickly, sometimes despite having eated a full
meal
(I have hypoglycemic unawareness) - I use NPH  and I think its evil.
Thanks!