[IP] Hyperthyroid and Diabetes

Hi All:  Just got done with a radioactive thyroid treatment for Graves
disease, and now probably will end up on replacement therapy.  I was
just wondering if the hypo thyroid that often results from the iodine
treatment will affect my diabetes in any way?  I cant find any info on
how one relates to the other, or what symptoms can be created by going
low thyroid after being overactive thyroid?  My physicians haven't given
me much help in this area.  It does seem that I am more depressed, and
grumpy than usual!
Anyway, just curious.