Re: [IP] Marathon

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> Thanks to a previous post that led me to the Team Diabetes web site, I
have decided to join with the goal of running the Kona Marathon in June.

Hi Deanna,that's awesome!  I'm the one who posted my web site and Kona
info earlier today.

> I wondered, however, if this goal is too lofty given that I'll be
starting the pump soon. Will it be too difficult to adjust to pumping and
begin training?

To answer your question, I don't think so.  I believe that you will find
it easier to train with the pump, and use it to your advantage in
regulating your blood sugars.  Atleast I have.  I just registered and
started training on my own two months ago.  And, I've only been pumping
since July 2001.  But I've always been a competitive sports nut!  The Kona
run is not till mid June 2002.  I believe our local team begins training
the first week of February.  So there's plenty of time to meet and exceed
your goals in training, as well as fundraising.

Congrats on joining TEAM D and Good luck!  If you'd like to chat more,
feel free to email me personally off the IP list.  I look forward to
meeting you in Kona!

Katherine Korol
Phone:   (734) 673-8160
Email:   email @ redacted