[IP] hating my pump lately!

I had three months of great results with my pump, was loving it, now I'm
really frustrated!  All of a sudden my bg's just suck and none of my basal
rates seem to work anymore.  I don't feel as well because I'm having highs
alternating with lots of lows, and I just feel discouraged.   :-|

My doc and CDE both told me to be patient, that it takes many, many months to
get this right (and I'm perimenopausal to top it off), but after such a great
start, I'm finding it hard to stay positive.  (I even went without my pump
for a night at a Christmas party because I'm so sick of it, but that was
worse:  Those shots hurt!  How did I do 5-6 a day for so long??!)

It's kind of the same feeling as being on a diet, doing all the right things,
and then gaining weight.  I've been putting in so much effort lately and it's
not yet paying off.  On top of that I lost the belt clip for my pump--have
been looking for it for two weeks because I *know* it's here somewhere--and
it is getting VERY annoying to have the pump fall out of my pocket every time
I bend over.  (just gave up and ordered a new clip yesterday...and of course,
found the clip this morning!  LOL)

Anyway, if anyone has ideas, encouragement, or just an "I been there," I'd
sure appreciate it!

thanks for all the help you've already given me in the short time I've been
on this list.