[IP] Insulin / Mail Order Question..

Just curious, I still have two weeks until my "official" pump start, but
since I don't use vials of insulin (I currently use cartridges w/ humalog
with a BD mini pen, and the prefilled humalog pens), I thought I would
ask... will my Dr's office most likely have vials on hand (like physician
samples?) for me for my "pump start"?  They have given me humalog pens, and
vials of Lantus, so I'd assume they have it, but I was just wondering if it
would be unwise to assume they would.

Second, It would save me a measly $5 a month or so to order my insulin mail
order ($15 for a month's supply, totally $45 for three months at the
pharmacy, or $30 for 3 months mail order), so is it really worth it to order
humalog, or should I just keep getting my insulin at the pharmacy?   How
"much" should I ask the Dr's office to write the Rx for, I figure I
currently use about 40 units of Lantus/Humalog combined, so it would be
about the same of Humalog in the pump, plus 25 units every few days to prime
tubing, so I'd guess that's roughly about 1500 units a month, so would it be
"safe" to ask for 2 vials, or do I need to consider all the "what if's"
(like if a vial goes bad, etc) and go with 3 to have an "extra" vial a month
just in case?  I don't see why it should be a problem, but would the
insurance/pharmacy have a problem filling an Rx for three vials at once?
Would the Humalog be considered a "pump supply" that minimed could provide
if they had the Dr's Rx for it?

I have experience dealing with the mail order pharmacy because there is a
real difference in price between getting my test strips local, and having
them mail order, and I am really happy with the service, I just don't know
what everyone else's experiences have been like regarding insulin.  I would
be fine with getting it mail order, although it worries me a little bit
being in Texas, as it's not hot now, but it sure does get hot.

Sorry these are probably really obvious questions, but as they say, the only
stupid question is the one you don't ask...