Re: [IP] A1C results - good, (I think)....

In a message dated 12/17/01 7:05:30 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< We just got the results of Jake's 3rd A1C today.....It was 6.1, which is
down
from 6.8 3 months ago.  Does this mean that maybe his BS levels are too low?

This doesn't sound too low to me. I'm on MDI with a recent A1c of 6.2 and my
doctor said I'm doing great. I don't have a ton of lows. Under 6, at my
docotor's office and lab, is considered to be same as someone without
diabetes. I have seen comments on the list for people to be careful of lows
if they have A1cs in the 4s or so. Sounds like Jake is doing great.
Congratulations.
Deanna
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon