Re: [IP] A1C results - good, (I think)....

In a message dated 12/17/01 7:05:30 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< We just got the results of Jake's 3rd A1C today.....It was 6.1, which is
from 6.8 3 months ago.  Does this mean that maybe his BS levels are too low?

This doesn't sound too low to me. I'm on MDI with a recent A1c of 6.2 and my
doctor said I'm doing great. I don't have a ton of lows. Under 6, at my
docotor's office and lab, is considered to be same as someone without
diabetes. I have seen comments on the list for people to be careful of lows
if they have A1cs in the 4s or so. Sounds like Jake is doing great.
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon