[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #630

> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:33:39 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Sleeping with a pump on
> Hello, Can anyone give me some ideas on how to sleep with the pump? I just
> started using an insulin pump last Tuesday and I love it but I can't get
> comfortable at night.  Carol

 I've been pumping for 5 years now and it took me awhile to get used to
it at night. I bought one of the waist thingy's from mini-med. It works
great but it did take me a few weeks to get used to wearing something
around my waist at night. Now it doesn't bother me at all. I also made
sure I bought nightgowns or pajamas with pockets. You can cut a slit in
the back of the pocket to slip your pump through and then it just spends
the night in your pocket. This is what I found works for me. Good luck!

Karen in North Pole, Alaska
DX'ed 1971
Pumping since 1996