Re: [IP] PMS & high's

Higher BG's before a cycle is due to the surge of hormones.  Mine is high
for a day or two right before I start and the day I start it drops back to
normal.  When this hormone surge stops, you start.  Hormones have everything
to do with your bg's.  In pregnancy, your insulin dosages increase
dramatically from the start to the end due to pregnancy hormones "blocking"
insulin.  I read some interesting posts in here from women who raised their
basal rates .1 for a day or two preceding your period.  Very smart idea!
That small amount can help out tremendously!  Fortunately, I know that the
high's will only last for a day or two.

Jenie Harrison